Wow, what a big swap!! We have to admit that it did take a good chunk of yesterday pairing you all up and sending out the emails! Firstly we need to apologise to those of you who had a bit of a cryptic bracketed message in your email that you couldn't figure out. That is called copying and pasting from the wrong email - oops!! =)
So all of you should have received your email with your partner details and if you haven't please let us know ASAP, it is a guarantee that someone will have fallen through the cracks. We need Onlinelesley, Sarah in Houston and Amanda (10/3 8:23pm) to contact us due to incorrect email addresses.
So now for a few guidelines for the swap......
* Fabric scraps should be 100% cotton or linen.
* You should include no less than 250gm (1/2 pound) of fabric scraps.
* Scraps should be no smaller than approx 2.5" x 2.5" (usable for the scrappy cabin challenge.) and should be no larger than approx 12" x 12" to allow for plenty of variety.
*All swap packages are to be sent on or before the 1st of April. Please let your partner know when you have posted your package or arrange differing dates if required.
* If for some reason you are no longer able to participate, please email us so that we can ensure no one misses out.
* We think it is a lovely idea to include a little extra treat for your partner, although this is not a requirement of the swap. A card would also be a lovely touch and have fun with your packaging! Who knows you may make a swapping buddy or pen-pal for life!
* If anyone does not receive a package or has a non-responding partner please let us know! We don't want anyone to miss out and we have more than enough scraps here to send packages to all of those that have any issues.
* Last but most importantly, HAVE FUN!!
Our hot spell here in Melbourne is supposed to ease today - phew! We are greatly looking forward to some cool air and a few showers - maybe a decent nights sleep? It is always so hard to get the energy to spend a day sewing and designing when it is this warm so the cooler weather will make for a much more productive few days!
Here is Melly's new bag that we mentioned in our last post - finally with handles!! Not the greatest of photos but a fab bag! I have already made myself one up and am really enjoying it - there is so much room in this one!!
Enjoy the cool change Melbournians and enjoy your swapping!!
Melly & Rosie